Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Spaghettini with Shrimp in Crab Paste

I made this today. I used this recipe for Gambas Al Ajillo with Crab Paste and just tossed it into some pasta. It turned out pretty well. Mm-uhmmm!


INGREDIENTS
Garlic
Olive Oil
Chili Flakes
Semi-cooked Frozen Shrimp (thaw and season with S&P plus a squeeze of lemon)
Crab Paste
Spaghettini noodles (cook as directed in packet)


STEPS
1. Saute chopped garlic in olive oil in high heat.
2. Add chili flakes and cook for about a minute.
3. Stir in the crab paste and cook for about a minute.
4. Add the shrimp just enough that it doesn't shrink.
5. Turn off heat and quickly toss in cooked spaghettini.


I served this with a tomato, basil and cheese appetizer that I saw from scrumdillyicious. It was a good combo but I wouldn't say it was great. Since the pasta was very savory, I think a blander appetizer would have worked better with it. Perhaps a simple cucumber, tomato and egg salad? Maybe next time.